These glazed carrots are a quick side dish I threw together on Christmas day this year, and they were a huge hit! I tend to always make either green beans or asparagus when we do Christmas day beef tenderloin, and wanted to try something different. It came together with under ten minutes of hands-on time, and about twenty minutes total. So quick and easy and even the kids said, “Wow, those are good!”
- 2 pounds chopped carrots (I chose to use the bag of precut baby carrots and then just cut them into bite-size pieces but you can leave them whole if you’d prefer!)
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 T butter
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Place the carrots in a skillet on stovetop.
- Pour water over them.
- Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Stirring occasionally, allow the water to burn off. It should take about ten minutes. When it is gone, carrots should be soft, but if you need more time, simply add a bit more water and let them continue to simmer.
- Once carrots are done to your liking, add butter and brown sugar.
- Stir gently over low heat until combined, and serve!
If you like this glazed carrots recipe, check out the other recipes on the blog!