I’ve been a runner since middle school, but the second most important fitness relationship I have had has 100% been using Beachbody as a resource, daily since 2013!
My love affair with Beachbody has seriously only deepened with each year that passes, as they continue to make the healthiest shake on the market and roll out absolutely incredible and inspiring at home workouts.
And it doesn’t hurt that in my family of five, three of us use the workouts almost daily, and all of us use them from time to time.
What is Beachbody?
If you’ve heard of P90X, Insanity, or Shakeology, you know a little bit about Beachbody already! They began in 2005 with P90X and haven’t stopped producing incredible, effective, at-home workouts ever since!
Fast forward to 2020, and you can now stream their workouts and follow their programs wherever you are, any time, from the comfort and convenience of your device or smart TV!
Workouts include everything from cardio to boxing to strength training to barre to body building, and have modifiers for beginners, or can challenge even the fittest among us!
Why Runners Love Beachbody
- Beachbody workouts can support your running by helping you to have a strong core and overall strength, therefore leading to stronger running and a decreased chance of injury.
- Weather too lousy to go outside and run? Cue up a cardio workout as a substitute for your run for today!
- Injured? While you rehab and heal, there are tons of low-impact or strength options so you can continue to get your endorphins.
- There are yoga, PiYo, and barre workouts to help you with your balance, coordination, and flexibility.
Why Non-Runners Love Beachbody
In Mom’s Running Club and over the years working with women, I have seen many times how runners sometimes need to take time away from running.
In fact, years ago I stepped away from running for a couple of years, and I found that I was able to maintain an extremely high level of fitness using Beachbody workouts alone!
The beautiful thing about the On Demand workouts is that you can cue up whatever workout sounds good or fits your needs on a given day, or you can follow the schedule provided with a specific program.
Programs range from 21 days to 90 days, and are designed to help you achieve very specific goals! Whether you want to get leaner, stronger, more flexible, gain cardiovascular fitness, or all of the above: these programs will help you hit all your goals!
Why We All Love Shakeology
Here’s what I really want you to know about Shakeology.
I have consumed this shake almost every day for the past seven years.
And the reason is really, really simple:
I am a busy mom, and while I try really hard to eat well, and I usually get my daily five fruits and veggies, and I drink tons of water, and I strive to eat clean, unprocessed foods….
Life is nuts for us moms.
Am I right?
And so for me, Shakeology has been my saving grace.
Why I love it?
- Because I know that no matter what happens with the rest of my day, I am getting a ton of nutrients in, without much effort.
- I love how I feel on it. The beauty of Shakeology is that it will hold you for awhile, and when you get hungry after a bit, you simply get hungry. You aren’t starving-going-for-anything-that-isn’t-nailed-down hungry. There are no crashes, and no cravings.
- This makes it an amazing way to start your day, but it absolutely works for lunch or a snack, too!
I welcome your questions about how Beachbody On Demand or Shakeology can support your health and fitness goals! Hit me up here or check out the links above! ❤️